The Local Governing Body:
- sets the school’s strategic direction
- holds the head teacher to account for a school’s performance
- ensures that the school’s budget is properly managed
Full meetings are held at least once a term. Agendas, minutes and Headteacher’s reports are available for inspection in the school office.
Who are our governors?
Our governors are comprised of parents, staff, and representatives from the community, local authority and diocese.
- Ian Gowrie, Parent Governor (chair)
- Steve Lincoln, Associate Governor (vice-chair)
- Sarah Sutton, Foundation Governor
- Liz Dunn, Co-opted Governor
- Stephen Reeves, Parent Governor
- Peter Beare, Head of School
SEN and Safeguarding governor: Sarah Sutton
To contact the governors please email the clerk: email@example.com, or write to the Chair of Governors, Loders CE Primary, Loders, Bridport, DT6 3SA.
Loders CE Primary Academy – LOCAL GOVERNING BODY
|Attendance at LGB meetings||2016-2017|
|Name||Type of Governor||Appointing Body||Office||Term||Role||Registered
|Mrs Rowan Beecham||Acting Head of School||Ex Officio as Head||Ex-officio||7||7|
|Dr Ian Gowrie
|Parent||Elected by Parents||Chair||01.04.16 -31.03.20||Wife works part time at the school||7||7|
|Mr Steve Lincoln||Associate||Governing Body||Vice Chair||01.04.16 – 31.03.20||7||7|
|Mrs Lis Dunn||Co-opted||Trust Board||09.02.17 – 08.02.21||None||7|
|Mrs Sarah Sutton||Foundation||Salisbury Diocese||01.04.16 – 31.03.20||Safeguarding
|Mr Stephen Reeves||Parent||Elected by parents||01.04.16 – 31.03.20||Wife works as an MTA at the school||7||2|
|Ms Bethan McGrath||Staff||Elected by staff||01.04.16 – 31.04.20||7||6|